Thursday 8 January 2009

Film Openings

Thursday 8th January:
In today's lesson we had to watch a short documentary about film openings and what makes them effective. I learned some techniques such as the 'trick of Film Noir', where the ending of the film is shown at the beginning. I think this is a good way of confusing the audience yet grabbing their attention as they would want to find out what happened to lead to the situation or conclusion. I also learned the conventions of a classic thriller film where it starts off with a shot of the building, going through a window, past a reception and into the room of the hero or, in some cases, the villain. I think this lesson has helped me develop my thoughts on what kind of thriller my group could try to do and how to make it successful.

No comments: